Thursday, April 26, 2007

UW Symposium

I really enjoyed myself at the University Writing and Research symposium. I think our class chose a great way to display our work. It kept visitors entertained and allowed them to ask thoughtful questions. I liked how we were able to interact one on one with the visitors, it made much easier to discuss our topics in depth. I also liked being able to walk around and view my fellow classmates presentations It was nice to see how their ideas had progressed. Some of the other symposium presentations were not as interactive which made them slightly boring. In the presentation i attended, two of the students had more of a discussion about their papers and the third student just read her paper verbatim. This was not as entertaining and would have like their to have been more interaction. I think if there is more interaction the presenters have with the viewers, will result in a more enriching experience for both parties.

No comments: