Hey Gylise,
Your topic about African American female bodies is one that I find very interesting! I especially like the reasons you stated for why the African American body is becoming less curvy and more stick thin. I agree that this is due to the reasons you stated; self esteem issues, an effort to improve health, to appeal to their partners and pressure from the media. As I’m sure you have noticed, many African American celebrities ( Tyra Banks, Oprah, Star Jones, and Janet Jackson) are slimming down, a concession you could use in your paper could be the example of Monique and Queen Latifah embracing their curviness. Also, I think that it will be interesting for you to compare the US African American body type to the curvier body type of women in Africa. Additionally, instead of using Carrie Mae Weems, you should use the black body as your form of autobiography and discuss how it is transforming. I hope this is useful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Star! I like your topic a lot. it is especially interesting to me because while i didn't go to an all girls catholic high school, i went to a coed boarding christian school. i am looking forward to reading your paper. a lot of people gave you good suggestions in class and i saw you writing a lot of them down. i hope what everyone said was very helpful. Your actual e-poster met all of the requirements. Good Job!
Post a Comment